This photograph of St Cross Church has been kindly supplied by Tatton Photography in Knutsford
Thinking about a Church wedding? Congratulations!
Here is a list of FAQ's which may be useful, but do contact Paul our Vicar who will be happy to meet you in person to discuss your plans even at an early stage.
Can I get married St Cross?
If you can answer 'yes' to any of these questions then yes you can get married at St Cross
- I live in the parish or my fiancé lives in the parish
- I worship regularly at St Cross and am on the electoral roll, or this applies to my fiancé
- I or my fiancé have evidence of a 'qualifying connection' with St Cross (these are detailed below)
What is a 'qualifying connection'?
- I was baptised in the parish (by a Church of England service/form of Baptism)
- I have been confirmed (by a Church of England service) and my confirmation is entered in a register belonging to St Cross
- My parent or grandparent was married in the parish by a Church of England service
- I have had my usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
- My parent has had his/her usual place of residence in the parish for at least 6 months
- I have habitually attended public worship at St Cross for at least 6 months
- My parent has habitually attended public worship at St Cross for at least 6 months during my lifetime
What if one of us has been married before and the former partner is still living?
There are circumstances in which you would be able to be married at St Cross - the best thing is to talk with the Vicar. He can first give you some written information and will then be happy to see you for further discussion if you wish.
How do we book a date?
It is best to discuss your preferred date with the vicar before you confirm your reception arrangements.
What does it cost? The fees for 2024 are:
- Publication of Banns £36 (£54 also payable to your home parish if not resident in the parish of St Cross)
- Marriage service Fees £531
- Verger £35
- Contribution to heating * £75 (This fee does not apply May - August incl.)
- Organist £100 - £150 (depends on level of organist input)
- If video is taken of the service £100 - £150 (this is payable to the organist - copyright)
After the wedding is booked what happens next?
Paul, our Vicar, will arrange to meet with you on at least two occasions prior to the wedding for Marriage Preparation. This includes looking in detail at the Service and what you would like in the way of music, flowers, etc. Arrangements would also be made for your Banns to be read. Then a date is fixed for a rehearsal for yourselves, and those who will be assisting with the Marriage Ceremony (eg. Best Man, Bridesmaids etc).
A church wedding will add a spiritual dimension to your marriage and although the church is more than simply a venue, St Cross is a beautiful Grade II* listed building. Paul will do everything possible with yourselves to personalise and make your day truly memorable.
We look forward to welcoming you to St Cross
Do come along to one of our services on a Sunday when you will be able to meet the Vicar and find out more. Click here to visit the Church of England website on Marriage.
This photograph has been kindly supplied by Tatton Photography in Knutsford